Login to apply using your existing application:
Create an account to manage your application.
A Hospital in Virginia is in need of an additional Psychiatrist to join their inpatient unit on a locum tenens basis.
· 2 adult units of 50 adult beds; 2 geriatric units of 60 geriatric beds
· Facility is staffed 5 Attending Psychiatrists, 1 resident, 1 internal medicine physician, 1 nurse practitioner.
· Dependent upon the patient care need, the Psychiatrist will see approximately 17 patients. Within the 17, will need to see daily those on AMM (acute medical management) of about 2-5 patients. This physician
will be on a team of 3 attending psychiatrists and a nurse practitioner.
· Average length of stay last month for an Adult patient was 48 days.
· Averaged 7 admissions over the past month.
· Must have the ability to perform physical assessments if needed. (However, this is rarely required of a Locum Psychiatrist.
· Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with ½ lunch (No overtime). No weekends/holidays required.
· No on-call needed. (On-call is provided by a large group of physicians, including internal medicine colleagues and psychiatrists).
· Works with superb nursing staff.
· Full complement in interdisciplinary team of psychologists, social workers, adjunctive therapists; as well as consultation services with OT, PT, nutrition, surgery, orthopedics, podiatry and dental.
If you are interested or have any questions please reach out!