Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: Regular 8 Pay Rate: $143.00 - 155.00
Seeking an immediate part-time Psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- ASAP - ongoing
- Monday to Friday 8a-4p, one 8hr/day, 12hrs/week
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Gallipolis is a charted village in the state of Ohio and the county seat of Gallia County, Explore the rich history as the second oldest settlement in the Northwest Territory. Gallipolis offers many historic museums, outdoor recreation, annual events, history and heritage. Unique farmlands, picturesque countryside and rich traditions highlight miles of scenic beauty. Apply today and Gallipolis, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment! Facility Location
Gallipolis is a small town that has worked hard to maintain its historical charm. A walk through downtown Gallipolis feels like a trip to another time, with vintage shops and historic buildings restored but unmodified to reflect their original character. Gallipolis is situated right on the Ohio River, offering residents and visitors a wealth of water activities such as fishing, boating and water skiing. Surrounded by producing farm land, Gallipolis is truly a town in which one can "eat local." Job Benefits
Staff Care typically arranges medical or dental malpractice insurance for the contractor providers we match to client opportunities. In addition, our locum tenens typically receive highly competitive pay and a dedicated team that handles all travel, lodging, rentals and transportation needs. Additionally, our Physician Mobility
initiative decreases the amount of time you must wait to work at a facility where you are presented or have worked from 24 months to 6 months.About the Company
Staff Care, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation's leader in locum tenens staffing. We provide flexible, temporary employment options for physicians, clinicians, and other allied health professionals in all specialties with a variety of healthcare organizations, typically with interim contracts lasting from one week to one year. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md