Job Description & Requirements
Adult Psychiatry Physician
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: Regular This facility is needing an Adult Psychiatrist:
This opportunity offers:
Acute Adult Inpatient Population
- 3-6 month long assignment to start immediately
- Full-time, 40 hour a week commitment with assigned office hours of Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm
- Not approved for overtime
- No weekends, no holidays, no on-call duty
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forensic, NGRI, Civil, and Jail Transfers (male & female)
- Short and Long-term Lengths of Stay
- Caseload Varies (10-40 patients per provider)
- Admission units: 5-10 per week
- Adult units: 0-10 per month
- Long-term units: 0-5 per month
- PCP coverage provided
- Full complement of interdisciplinary team members
- Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and general medical examinations and evaluations. Ensure medical history, mental status, and physical examinations are completed according to policy, TJC and CMS standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Follow treatment protocols for competency restoration to ensure rapid turnaround of pretrial forensic patients.
- Attend judicial hearings on campus, appropriate to assigned patient population.
- Lead Treatment Planning Conferences and provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining the therapeutic process between physicians, nursing staff, psychologists, social workers, rehab staff and patients.
- Complete required documentation daily including psychiatric assessments, discharge summaries, treatment plans, etc. Failure to complete documentation in a timely manner may result in withholding time card approvals and/or cancellation of contract.
- Experience working with an acute adult inpatient psychiatric population
- Comfortable working on an admissions unit with rapid turnover
- Experience conducting comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and forensic evaluations for competency restoration
- Willing to provide cross coverage for other units if needed
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary treatment team
- BLS Healthcare Provider certification is required
Staff Care typically arranges medical or dental malpractice insurance for the contractor providers we match to client opportunities. In addition, our locum tenens typically receive highly competitive pay and a dedicated team that handles all travel, lodging, rentals and transportation needs. Additionally, our Physician Mobility
initiative decreases the amount of time you must wait to work at a facility where you are presented or have worked from 24 months to 6 months.About the Company
Staff Care, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation's leader in locum tenens staffing. We provide flexible, temporary employment options for physicians, clinicians, and other allied health professionals in all specialties with a variety of healthcare organizations, typically with interim contracts lasting from one week to one year. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md