Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: Regular 8 Pay Rate: $153.00 - 165.00
Seeking an immediate full or part-time psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- Monday to Friday 7a-5p, 8 hours/day. 20 hours/week.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- Patients per day: 10
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine the specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Chillicothe is a city in and the county seat of Ross County. There are many historical museums in Ross county. At the Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, you can view history first-hand by visiting the mounds dating back to 200 B.C. Move throughout time a the Ross County Heritage Center where you can see exhibits from antique toys to war memorabilia. You can also stroll the grounds of the former home of Thomas Worthington, Ohio's founding father for a scenic and leisurely afternoon. Apply today and Chillicothe, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment!Job Benefits
Staff Care typically arranges medical or dental malpractice insurance for the contractor providers we match to client opportunities. In addition, our locum tenens typically receive highly competitive pay and a dedicated team that handles all travel, lodging, rentals and transportation needs. Additionally, our Physician Mobility
initiative decreases the amount of time you must wait to work at a facility where you are presented or have worked from 24 months to 6 months.About the Company
Staff Care, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation's leader in locum tenens staffing. We provide flexible, temporary employment options for physicians, clinicians, and other allied health professionals in all specialties with a variety of healthcare organizations, typically with interim contracts lasting from one week to one year. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md