Are you looking for the opportunity of a lifetime? Are you interested in spending time, year-round, at one of the most beautiful sites in America – Yellowstone National Park? Medcor is looking to hire a Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner to be the Clinic Manager for the clinics located at Yellowstone National Park.
The Clinical Manager position is designated to provide onsite clinical management of the three clinics inside Yellowstone National Park as defined in this document. The operations include Mammoth Hot Springs, which operates year-round; Lake and Old Faithful which are seasonal facilities, open mid-May through September each year. The Mammoth Hot Springs clinic is a primary care facility staffed year-round by a physician and, during the summer season, with additional staffing by a PA/NP provider on weekends. There is also occupational health, urgent and emergent care provided. Lake and Old Faithful clinics operate with a PA/NP and 1-2 RNs in a walk-in fashion and provide care for non-urgent, urgent and emergent patients. A wide age range of patients with diverse injuries and illnesses are seen. Limited point-of-service lab and x-ray are available. A Medcor physician team provides oversight and consultation remotely for the PA/NP, in a structured and consistent manner. The National Park Service provides EMS services; medical control is provided by Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center.
It is understood that the Clinical Manager works in close collaboration and under the direction of the YNP Medical Director in all clinical related issues at the clinics, to include training, hiring and leadership of all seasonal providers.
The Clinical Manager acts as a resource to the Medcor Yellowstone National Park (YNP) Medical Director related to the operations of the Medcor in Yellowstone Clinics. The responsibilities include leadership within a team environment of full-time and part-time seasonal clinic staff at the three clinic sites. This position works collaboratively with the Operations Manager and Medical Director to provide seasonal orientation and training, hiring and on-boarding of seasonal providers and ongoing clinical care throughout the summer season. Additional responsibilities include compliance of providers with billing/coding functions associated with YNP and Medcor’s Advanced Practices division.
The Clinical Manager is responsible to interface with the National Park Service (NPS) and foster the YNP concessioner relationships as pertains to clinical care delivered in the clinics. Additional positive interface with the NPS EMS system and gateway community hospitals and support services are integral to the success of the role Medcor plays in the park.
This position collaboratively works within budget constraints and controls expenses effectively; considering all aspects of the operations such as labor, supplies, equipment and other incidentals.
The Clinical Manager supports the values and expectations of Medcor and is expected to provide services in an honest and ethical manner; demonstrate good clinical and personal judgment; deliver excellent clinical care in accordance with current standards including consistently good clinical outcomes and compliance with CME requirements; treat patients with dignity and decency; demonstrate good clinical management with effective staff management, conflict resolution, and compliance with applicable regulations.
***Significant ability to travel and relocated living accommodations inside the park in the summer is required. ***
What to expect as a Yellowstone Clinic Manager:
- Responsible for managing local and corporate client relationships including: developing a professional and personal relationship that engenders trust and respect; promoting Medcor, Inc.’s ethics and values; understanding the organizational and political environment of the clinics. Conduct local client and clinic needs assessment on a periodic basis. Understand contractual obligations & history of client relationships. Determine how the client will evaluate our performance. Develop and strengthen Medcor, Inc.’s relationships with local and corporate client leadership.
- Responsible for the leadership, in collaboration and under the direction of the YNP Medical Director, of clinical seasonal staff including: development of staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, documented & timely feedback, performance appraisal, developing goals, and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals; assisting with problem solving at sites and the proper use of electronic medical records by staff. Build strong and nurturing relationships with Medcor advocates.
- Collaboration in managing budget including: maximizing revenue generation; controlling expenses; maximizing cash flow and volume, and assisting with site budget setting process. Monitors performance and acts to ensure financial targets and objectives are met. Assures accurate monthly financial billing and contract rate compliance in such billings.
- Responsible for sites including: coordination and compliance with corporate requirements or suggestions, training needs, local client relations; coordination with Medcor and client IT staff for computer requirements and needs; coordination with Medcor HR for staffing needs; coordination with Medcor accounting to confirm accounting procedures; insure medical and office supplies are in place; support training via Medcor training department and other development of staff as needed.
- Institutes and participates in regular staff meetings and operations management team meetings. Works to build a culture of collaboration and accountability within market among and between Medcor associates, client associates, collaborating providers and local health providers. Promotes positive patient experiences throughout the community and region.
- Work effectively and relates well with others including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Specific Administrative and/or Medical Practice Duties include:
- Develop, review or revise policies and treatment protocols for all clinics and review for evidence based compliance yearly and review/revise with and as directed by YNP Medical Director and Mammoth Clinic MD
- Review and manage formulary for clinics yearly and review with YNP Medical Director and Mammoth Clinic MD
- Submit proposed orders for all controlled substances for seasonal clinics to YNP Medical Director
- Attend NPS meetings with or in place of Operations Manager
- Liaison with gateway hospitals/providers as Medcor clinical representative with Operations Manager and YNP Medical Director-site visits
- Attend quarterly and unscheduled concessions meetings, with or in place of in absence of Operations Manager
- Liaison with YNP Medical Director with radiology over read service
- Supervise, recruit, schedule and evaluate PA student elective program
- Complaint or unusual occurrence reviews – review with YNP Medical Director
- QA data collection for seasonal clinic practices (including Mammoth) submit and review with YNP Medical Director; collaboratively determine follow up plan
- Participation (presentation of data) with corporate QI review quarterly
- Physician and PA/NP practice:
- Work with new providers to educated them in use of formulary, supplies and referrals and logistical nuances to transporting patients within the parameters of the NPS.
- Ongoing, review/revise practice guidelines for PA/NP Practice and review with and as directed by the YNP Medical Director
- Recruit, interview and hire PA/NP and supervising physician recruits with and under the direction of the YNP Medical Director
- Coordinate and arrange PA/NP and supervising physician orientation and onsite training with YNP Medical Director and Operations Manager
- Schedule development and education of clinic providers and supervising physicians
- Coordinate and administer performance appraisals for providers - midseason and end of season with YNP Medical Director, Operations Manager and Supervising Physicians feedback
- Primary clinical duties:
- Scheduled rotating shifts at all 3 clinics in summer season-approximately 1 shift/week.
- Occasional coverage for provider absences at Medcor at Yellowstone seasonal clinics
- Occasional prearranged coverage for Mammoth physician
We don’t just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, CME time and expense, malpractice coverage, and more.