University of Missouri Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking BE/BC Hand Surgeon to join their expanding surgical practice within the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
(MOI). This position offers a unique opportunity to practice within an academic environment which experiences a high surgical volume and great growth potential. Highlights of this tremendous opportunity include:
- Practice within MOI's 200,000 sq ft comprehensive facility for a true multi-disciplinary care center experience, including ORs, clinic, inpatient beds, therapy, pharmacy, PACU, Pre-Op, Post-Op, radiology, offices and cafeteria
- Join 36 other physicians which includes Orthopaedics, PMR, Radiology and Oncology
- Position open to any Hand Surgeon interested in a busy clinical practice with an academic and research setting (regardless of residency category - IE: Plastic/General Surgery)
- The University currently has an Orthopaedic Residency program plus fellowships in Spine, Trauma, Sports and Reconstruction (with interest in future Hand fellowship)
- Practice offers a wide variety of cases and complexity, including microsurgery, as MU Health Care/University Hospital is a regional medical center, Level I Trauma Center and market leader in Orthopaedics
- Hand call only (residents handle ED consults for the group)
- The MOI also houses physician offices, research lab, research team including medical illustrator and statistician
For the surgical candidate interested in working within an academic environment, but with a private practice feel, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and MOI offers a great combination of clinical and academic medicine. The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute is central Missouri's largest freestanding orthopaedic center, as well as the region's most comprehensive orthopaedic surgery center. The Institute's expert orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation staff and other health professionals offer patients a full range of care in a single location. Our orthopaedics program has been ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a high-performing specialty in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
Home to the University of Missouri (MU), and two other colleges, Columbia
is an educational center with an eclectic feel. It serves as a medical, technological and cultural base for central Missouri. Columbia's non-student population is around 90,000. Columbia is well known for its cultural events and venues. Residents can enjoy theater, art galleries, comedy clubs, symphony and a variety of concert venues including the popular Blue Note. Music and art festivals run summer through fall, including nationally known True/False Festival.
The Downtown District, more than 40 blocks bordering MU, offers a mix of popular restaurants, sidewalk cafes, and bars. Many unique shops and many entertainment venues bring visitors downtown. The area is busy all day and into the night, especially on weekends. On game nights, when sports fans fill Columbia's stadiums and bars for MU football and basketball games, the cheers can be heard out on the streets. Come and make Columbia and central Missouri your home!
For additional details and to arrange an on-site interview, please contact:
Job ID#: DD-1708-74117