Southern Alabama hospital is seeking a General Surgeon
General surgery practice seeks additional surgeon to join them practicing a mix of "bread and butter" surgery, e.g., hernia repair, cholecystectomy, colon resection, vascular access procedures and some trauma surgery.
Located in southern Alabama, c
- Hospital employed position
- Exceptional referral base with strong primary care physician referral sources from several counties
- Call 1:4
- Robust hospitalist service provides medical consultative support for non-surgical issues
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to health insurance, malpractice, vacation and matching retirement
- Signing bonus and relocation expenses
- Competitive 1st year salary with productivity bonus after first year
- Only one office location so there is no travel time involved driving to various hospitals
- Work at one of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 22 OR suites with 2 endovascular and open heart suites
- Level II trauma center with emergency medicine residency trained physicians (60,000 annual visits)
ommunity serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius.